Pet kittens are suspected of sparking a fire that burned down a young family’s home.
Fire investigators believe the cats, Jesse and Dora, may have walked across a touch-sensitive hob in the kitchen – turning it on.
The cats’ owners – Reina and Andrew Ainscough – were visiting relatives for New Year with their young twins when the blaze broke out.
The fire ripped through their home and a neighbouring property in Newton Road, Lowton, near Leigh, causing £250,000 of damage. The kittens died.
Manchester Evening News: “Kittens blamed for starting fire which gutted owners’ home in Leigh”.
Curiosity killed the cats…